Self-Directed IRA Educational Videos
Introduction to Self-Directed IRA Investing Webinar
If you’re just getting familiar with self-directed retirement investing, this is a great video to get started. Learn the fundamental IRS rules surrounding disqualified persons, prohibited transactions, and partnering options. Launch into an overview of the most common alternative investments including: real estate, precious metals, private equity, private lending and more.
Download Self-Directed IRA Investing Guide
Please fill out your information and then click "Download" to receive your Investor's Guide to Self-Directed IRAs
We respect privacy and your information is never shared.
Guide details include:
Learn the secret to alternative asset investing with tax advantages
Surprising account types that can be self-directed to buy alternative assets
Five most valuable investment tips for self-directed IRAs
Straight talk about the types of alternative assets your IRA can buy
Four powerful strategies for IRAs that have a small cash balance
Use IRS rules to limit the taxes you pay
Free your retirement account from Wall Street volatility
Learn little-known distribution strategies and considerations, and more!
More About Other Investments
Possible Alternative Assets and Returns
||How Does My IRA Make Money?
||Rental income from set
||Sale amount at harvest
||Dividends or increased value of ownership
||Rent to construction company/government/private owners
||Payments made after acquisition
||Receive royalties from drilling company
If you have specialized knowledge about a field, you can put it to use with your IRA funds! Examples include:
- Golf Course
- Hardwood Trees
- High Rate Auto Paper
- Freight Truck Fleet
- Alternative Investment Fund
- Race Horses
- Seismic Data Set
- Mineral Rights
What are the Benefits of Choosing Assets that Utilize Your Personal Expertise?
- Allows you to use your hard-earned expertise in a tax-advantaged environment
- Because you have experience with and understand the asset, you will have a better sense of how the asset will perform
- Allows diversification of your retirement account
- You have strategic control over the assets that your IRA owns
- Your personal values can guide your investments
Alternative Assets in an IRA - Important Things To Know
- The IRA is the owner of the assets, not the IRA holder. Therefore, acquisition and maintenance costs come from the IRA, and proceeds go back into the IRA.
- All legal documents related to an IRA-owned asset must be in the name of the IRA, not your personal name.
- Disqualified persons rules apply to all IRA held assets.
- The IRA holder may not derive an income from the IRA’s assets.
- The IRA holder can provide direction and strategy for IRA assets but cannot provide “sweat equity.”
- If an IRA invests in an ongoing business, Unrelated Business Income Tax may need to be addressed by the IRA.
Its Easy to Invest for Retirement With an IRA
Step 1 Open an IRA with New Direction IRA.
Step 2 Put money in the IRA by rolling money over from an old 401(k), transferring from another IRA, and/or making a contribution.
Step 3 Buy real estate, precious metals, private equity, loans, and more!